We require the following experience of people who are part of this community. This helps us to have a cohesive group with a similar philosophy, mission and ways of resolving issues.
1. We welcome those who have had an apprenticeship with a shamanic tradition. For example the Four Winds of Alberto Villoldo, the Pachacuti Mesa path of Oscar Miro, Indian path of the medicine person, or the path of Curanderismo that we teach (you can find a description here http://www.curanderahealing.com/escuela-de-curanderismo.html). If you have learned from another Earth-based spirituality you're welcome to tell us about it. Those who are "doing a lot of ayahuasca and being my own teacher" will not be comfortable here.
2. No abuse of plant medicine. This includes tobacco or other addictions.
3. A study and the practice of the methods of communication described by Marshall Rosenberg in his book Non-violent Communication.
4. A dedication toward healing our world and ourselves with organic gardening, respect for all our relations (this includes the many wild animals who live in the area). Vegetarians and meat-eaters are accepted. We welcome those who sacrifice the animals they eat with respect and gratitude.
5. Any animals members have must be kept on their own acre. We do not want dogs that bark and disturb this quiet sanctuary.
6. A non-profit organization will be formed so that the 14 acres will be jointly owned by those who live on it after they have been there long enough to help pay off the debt of the land and well.
Those who have a shamanic background will able to: respect all of our relations; join us to create despachos, apachetas and huacas for the community; to travel in the etheric body rather than the astral; to shift the assemblage point; and to participate in other healing activities.